• CommentTimeAug 22nd, 2015 7:31pm (Aug 22nd 2015) edited

We went to play with Iden and he has passed :(

I don't know why. He is only young and he seemed fine when we saw him 24 hours ago. His body was still soft when we found him :face-crying:

We are going to disassemble his run, there is no need for it anymore. He was a wonderful rabbit and even though we didn't get much time with him, we adored him. He was smart, funny, greedy and cheeky...when Zoey noticed him in his pen and stuck her nose through a crack Iden would get so excited, and would run forward to sniff her then whack her with his paw!!

He learnt a few tricks and he enjoyed interaction. He loved hopping about everywhere and chewing things up. He hated to be brushed but loved to be stroked.

He started off in a 120cm rabbit cage.

Then he moved into an XXL dog crate, and was finally moved outside last month. He hated this at first, but once he had got used to the rain in his outdoor run, and realised he could roam the entire garden, he had an awesome time. In fact we had trouble a few times getting him out from behind the BBQ...we learnt to feed him AFTER he had been in the garden, so he was hungry enough to rush back in :rolling:

We will miss you Iden :heart:
      iden.jpg
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd, 2015 12:30am (Aug 23rd 2015)

Oh Red (and Lyle) I am so sorry. Sleep soundly Iden and play hard at the bridge. :heart:
    :face-crying:
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd, 2015 4:12pm (Aug 23rd 2015)

O bless him, I'm s sorry Red. Rabbits hide their problems really well so it's not surprising you didn't notice anything wrong. It might have been a heart attack... Sleep well, little one. :heart:
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd, 2015 7:39pm (Aug 23rd 2015) edited

Thanks guys :( Losing a pet any time sucks, but it's worse when they're so young.

CC my dad said the same thing about rabbits and heart attacks, he said they're quite common.
    • CommentTimeAug 25th, 2015 9:12pm (Aug 25th 2015)

I had a rabbit as a child and it only lived for a year. My mom swore there was nothing wrong with him before he died but I didn't think she looked after him when I wasn't there (I lived elsewhere in the week). Maybe I was wrong and it was just one of those things.
    • CommentTimeAug 26th, 2015 5:18pm (Aug 26th 2015)

Sometimes it can be something like a fox looking in the hutch can cause it. I believe their hearts are quite vulnerable.
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd, 2015 6:24pm (Sep 2nd 2015)

Oh Red, I'm so sorry about poor little Iden.:face-crying: I lost my house bunny to a heart attack too years ago. They are just "scared to death" sometimes.
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd, 2015 12:57pm (Sep 3rd 2015)

Thank you Lynn. For the past week we have had a few big thunderstorms, so I'm grateful Iden wasn't around for them. They could have really scared him as he'd been an indoor bun for quite some time.