• CommentTimeAug 25th, 2015 12:56pm (Aug 25th 2015)

We really want to get some chickens but the coop needs replacing and they aren't "cheep" :(

If you can, we'd love your help

Thanks...

(CC, Lynn, Kate etc you've done more than enough previously so you're not allowed...!)
    • CommentTimeAug 26th, 2015 9:08pm (Aug 26th 2015) edited

Do what we do...sell things, no more holidays, don't buy things you don't need (Lyle even stopped buying the fortnightly game bundles that cost 66p!), and put any money you save towards the coop...you'll have enough for it in no time :cool:

We used to get a takeaway or go to the pub in the village over for a meal every week, and we stopped - every little helps! :P
    • CommentTimeAug 26th, 2015 9:27pm (Aug 26th 2015)

Oi you! Hencam has given me a lot of pleasure over the years, as well as some good friends. The only thinng missing now is actual hens! If I want to donate then I bloomin' well will!! :)

(You're so sweet Neil - I'm more than happy to help!)
    • CommentTimeAug 27th, 2015 5:04pm (Aug 27th 2015)

That's tellin' 'im! :rolling:
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd, 2015 6:51pm (Sep 2nd 2015)

hmmm..oh geez I didn't read the part where you said the 3 of us couldn't donate..not sorry :face-devil-grin:
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd, 2015 3:26pm (Sep 3rd 2015)

Me neither...oops!:face-devil-grin:
    • CommentTimeSep 15th, 2015 5:17pm (Sep 15th 2015)

That's it, you're all in trouble! (the very best kind of trouble I hope - you can help choose what breeds we get hehe!)

Hopefully have some good news very soon...

Incidentally, Omlet and the Omlet Cube are (I think) out of the picture - overpriced for what you get and too small for what we need...
    • CommentTimeSep 15th, 2015 11:49pm (Sep 15th 2015)

I really liked the coops you found today, even if they're not plastic. What are you's guys thoughts on them?
    • CommentTimeSep 16th, 2015 3:52pm (Sep 16th 2015)

I thought the Omlet ones were expensive too...although I like the insulation factor. But we have a tube heater in our chicken shed which never lets it go below 4 degrees so I console myself with that thought when it's a bit parky.
    • CommentTimeSep 16th, 2015 10:08pm (Sep 16th 2015)

I'm looking forward to seeing the coop appear - perhaps it should be on Grand Designs!!
    • CommentTimeSep 17th, 2015 11:33am (Sep 17th 2015) edited

Well, I'm waiting for someone to come up to drastically cut back the conifers (leylandii - ugh) at the side of the garden so there's more room for hopefully a bigger run (and a bigger run means... MORE CHICKENS!!)

[edit]
    This weekend I'll re-instate the camera, maybe looking across the area the coop will take, so you can see it developing (or not!) It will mostly be earth then hopefully cut-back conifers, then hopefully a run and coop followed by hens!
    • CommentTimeSep 17th, 2015 10:39pm (Sep 17th 2015)

See - just like Grand Designs!!! They cut the trees down, all you see is earth for a while, then it starts to take shape until a beautiful finish! (And they always go over budget - back to that £4k henhouse from the other thread me thinks!)
    • CommentTimeSep 26th, 2015 7:13pm (Sep 26th 2015)

I can hardly wait to see the new coop!!!!!:yay_jump: