• CommentTimeOct 19th, 2015 10:05pm (Oct 19th 2015) edited

The night before my parents came me and Lyle were busy finishing off my mum's present :rolling:

photo mumsbday2_zps5q8zslwr.jpg

We were making a minibar for her stay at the b&b :bigsmile: Zoey was sooo tired after her busy day, she didn't even get off the couch when there was food, paper and cardboard everywhere! :rolling:

photo mumsbday4_zpsvzqpnk39.jpg

Looking good, just need to wrap it now...

photo mumsbday6_zpssicmmxrb.jpg

Yaaay! It even has a handle...we snuck in the room before my parents and set it up :rolling:

photo mumsbday20_zpsnlas8t5j.jpg

Mum checking it out :bigsmile:

photo mumsbday22_zpsdjwvgqpc.jpg

And yes, okay, so I bought my mum binbags for her birthday :rofl: but only because she loves spacehoppers!!!

photo mumsbday26_zpsi7jy49a7.jpg

We had a wander about and we'd given my mum a £10 voucher for a really lovely chocolate shop, so she mooched about and picked her selection :smile:

photo mumsbday15_zpsu0czudit.jpg

I. want. them. all!! :rolling:

photo mumsbday16_zps8cv19osz.jpg

Lyle looking beautiful :tooth:

photo mumsbday28_zpsf2eb7naz.jpg

And my dad didn't understand how to wear a party hat :rolling:

photo mumsbday29_zpsjoxmqxyk.jpg

more incoming...
    • CommentTimeOct 19th, 2015 10:10pm (Oct 19th 2015)

After being with my family for a few hours we brought my dad back to our house so we could walk the dogs and tire them out for the evening. Raiden did well and was able to train around my dad, even when my dad was purposefully distracting him!

photo 53rddayfamily_zpsipnlummn.jpg

And Raiden looooved attacking my dad :rolling:

photo 53rddayhug_zpsw1zvz7pu.jpg
    Rey thought he was a scarf, and kept climbing onto my dad's shoulders :)

photo 53rddaylick_zpshnnue1vh.jpg

He was tired. Briefly.

photo 53rddaybeard_zpsreic0n3r.jpg

Then he attacked my dad again

photo 53rddayattack_zpso1dxexid.jpg

And again!

photo 53rddayrawr_zpso8jvufia.jpg

In the evening we went for the tastiest meal (cheese and onion pie with proper homemade pastry *drool*) and then bed!

Next day it was farm time!! This rusty key is actually made of chocolate :bigsmile:

photo farm_zpslmqjgygd.jpg

We had a light bite (!) before going round animals...to be fair we hadn't eaten alllll morning!

photo farm1_zps2cfztalh.jpg

Lyle was over the moon when his milkshake came to him in a wellie!!!

photo farm2_zps9qopn8jk.jpg

Animal pics next, not too many more after that :blush:
    • CommentTimeOct 19th, 2015 10:23pm (Oct 19th 2015)

The farm wasn't as nice this time...a lot of the animals were really stressed out, most were in small barren pens, and they had several puppies of different ages. I think they just pump out puppies as they draw in the crowds :face-crying:

These piggles were left unattended on a bench, when on our last visit we saw one fall to the floor!

photo farm3_zpsou43avpb.jpg

These were HUUUUGE! I think they were Australorps...?

photo farm4_zpsmyg9hmme.jpg
    Peacock :)

photo farm5_zpstvjc1xwx.jpg

Gorgeous Silkies - my dad wanted one :tooth:

photo farm6_zps4yo3kn0n.jpg

This corn snake was pretty

photo farm7_zpsnesqtkkr.jpg

Omb and this bantie boy, SO CUTE!!!

photo farm8_zpsufddcqmk.jpg

I would have smuggled him home in a heartbeat :heart:

photo farm9_zps3esniuh7.jpg

And he hung around with this cool dude :smile:

photo farm11_zpsv829mqr4.jpg

This pig was actually really dangerous, and we discovered it could climb to the top of the fencing and lunge at people stood nearby. She was also horrific to piglets and chased / bit them. She actually bit Lyle on the arm and has left a HUGE bruise and broke the skin
    :gasp:

photo farm13_zpsyhdypiai.jpg

Very unusual looking - the goat, not Lyle! ;)

photo farm15_zpsg6ehq1qg.jpg
    He loves cows :)

photo farm17_zpsqlf6wwzt.jpg

Hehehe

photo farm18_zps8zlexaso.jpg

(sorry sorry sorry there's more...)
    • CommentTimeOct 19th, 2015 10:25pm (Oct 19th 2015)

This poor sweetheart was very stressed by the comings and goings as she had young puppies with her :face-sad:

photo farm20_zpsgejxroqh.jpg

And these two were around 5 month old and had no toys whatsoever and they were so gorgeous and excited to be played with :sad:

photo farm21_zpshxoxwnat.jpg

I obliged ;)

photo farm22_zpse05cdewb.jpg

Cuuuuute!

photo farm23_zpsmpf7qqbf.jpg

Bless her :(

photo farm24_zpsohptahvn.jpg

The alpaca spat at my nana :rolling:

photo farm25_zpsdgvflen5.jpg

Stubby sheep!

photo farm27_zpsbkn7ffb0.jpg

Apparently sheep are hilarious to photo

photo farm29_zpsbip0pukp.jpg

photo farm30_zpsggyz3p5s.jpg

:rolling:

photo farm31_zpsrdxecz53.jpg

The donkeys were cute too!

photo farm35_zpsmiwwzswd.jpg

Bit of geese-age going on...if my dad mentions a video of a goose playing tug of war with my hand, don't listen to him! :tooth:

photo farm39_zps2khqsomz.jpg

And, a goat with a quiff to finish up with :smile:

photo farm41_zpsxh1ppdvv.jpg
    • CommentTimeOct 20th, 2015 12:44pm (Oct 20th 2015)

Come on man, POST THE GOOSE VIDEO!!!!
    • CommentTimeOct 20th, 2015 4:29pm (Oct 20th 2015)

Yes, WE WANT THE VID! WE WANT THE VID! WE WANT THE VID!!!!:face-smile:
    • CommentTimeOct 20th, 2015 6:55pm (Oct 20th 2015)

Hahahaha too busy to sort it out, sorry, what a shame! :001_tt2: :rolling:
    • CommentTimeOct 20th, 2015 7:42pm (Oct 20th 2015)

Fab photos!! I'm wondering if the dog is a working farm dog who happens to have a litter at the mo? Shouldn't be so public though - she needs some peace. Unless they think it'll make the dogs more people friendly???
    • CommentTimeOct 20th, 2015 9:05pm (Oct 20th 2015) edited

I dunno Kate...three out of four times we've visited they have had Border Collie puppies :face-sad: There are also quite a few dogs dotted about the farm that seem to have a not very nice time...there's a really old looking red Border Collie that's always been in a tiny pen, and seems terrified of the visitors. And on this visit we saw a really sad looking Border Terrier with matted fur wandering about :face-sad:

photo farm42_zpsmsfdbfqt.jpg

They seem to use young animals as a means of drawing in customers, which makes sense, but not when it happens at the expense of the animals...this time it was 'come see the new baby donkey', and the baby was hidden at the back of a stable. Whenever people tried to get a closer look the mother would run to the door and scream, she was so panicked, her eyes were full of fear. Very sad.
    • CommentTimeOct 21st, 2015 12:02pm (Oct 21st 2015) edited

I didn't even see the donkey?! I think I was too taken with the silkies...

I'm still recovering - fell asleep on the sofa last night and slept in this morning (oops).

By the weekend I think I'll be ok for sitting out and watching the chickens for a bit :)

Had a fab weekend!
    • CommentTimeOct 21st, 2015 5:55pm (Oct 21st 2015)

Hmm, they don't sound so good then - seems they have a tough time there. Very sad, yes.

You deserve a 'sit down and take it all in' weekend Neil - enjoy!